902L Two Channel Receiver
The 902L is a 2 channel programmable receiver which is compatible wilh the Alarm Electronics line of transmitters. The two channels are programmable (transmitter specific) to operate in any one of four modes. The modes are momentary output, latching output, ON/OFF output, and Open Close Tracking of the DW-101A auxiliary transmitters. Low battery monitoring of transmitters is included. When the key code of each transmitter is loaded into memory it is assigned a channel and operating mode which determines what action the receiver output channel(s) have when the transmitter is activated.
Use the part no.'s below when making purchase orders to Alarm Electronics. Please see the Sales page for terms.
- 902L (Two Channel Receiver)
- Power input - 12VCD
- Current standby - 15 ma
- Current active - (both channels) 80 ma
- Channel Outputs - Form C relay (5 amp)
- Low battery out - Solid state switch to ground (220 ohm)
- Decoder - Data out source 3.3k
- Trans. Code memory - capacity 30
- Size - 4.75” x 2.2” x 1.4”
- Output connection - 10 terminal strip
- Frequency of operation (AP) - 300 MHZ
Transmitter Channel Assignment
The switch positions 3 and 4 are used to assigned a transmitter to a channel during the “LOAD” operation:
- 1. If 3 is “ON” then the transmitter will operate channel 1
- 2. If 4 is “ON” then the transmitter will operate channel 2
- 3. If 3 and 4 are both “ON” then the transmitter will operate both channels. Assigning transmitter Operating Modes
What action a channel output has when activated by a transmitter is controlled by setting the switches 1 and 2 before “loading” the transmitter. - REMEMBER - set the mode and channel switches before loading. Several transmitters with different modes can operate the same channel.
- 1. To have the transmitter activate the channel for a short time and then reset (MOMENTARY) set 1 and 2 to “OFF”.
- 2. To have the transmitter switch the channel to the opposite condition (ON to OFF or OFF to ON) set 1 to ”ON” and 2 to “OFF”.
- 3. To have the transmitter LATCH the output ON set 1 to “OFF” and 2 to “ON”.
- 4. To have the channel track the OPEN/CLOSE of DW-101A transmitters set both S1-1 and S1-2 to “ON”.
To Load a Transmitter into Memory
Select the channel assignment by setting switch 3 or 4 or both to “ON”. Select the operating mode by setting 1 and 2. Then press and hold the “LOAD” button while at the same time activating the transmitter. The receiver will read the key code and operating mode of the transmitter into memory. The loading process takes less than one second and the relay will operate when the load is successful. CHANNEL REASSIGNMENT To assign a transmitter which is already loaded to a different channel or mode simply reload with the new channel and mode assignments. It is not necessary to erase/clear the memory.
To Erase/Clear Memory
Select the channels to be erased/cleared press and hold the “LOAD” button and perform a power reset. Channels may be cleared independently or at the same time.
When using a 601A 6-channel decoder, connect this data-out line to the data input lines of the decoder(s).
Remember that the LOW BATTERY output is momentary or latching according to the position of the dip switch 2 after loading is complete and the position of the number 1 switch after loading determines if LOW BATTERY activates the channel 2 output. SET SWITCH 2 TO OFF IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE CHANNEL 2 OUTPUT TO RESPOND TO LOW BATTERY.
If you wish to remote an antenna, the antenna can be replaced with a 50 ohm co-ax by carefully soldering the co-ax to the board. Connect the Center conductor to the antenna point and the shield to the nearby ground plane.
After loading is completed
- 1 = ON - Channel 2 is LOW BATT out
- 2 = ON - LOW BATT out is momentary
- 3 = OFF- LOW BATT out is latched (Requires Power Reset)
If channel 2 is used for any other purpose than “LOW BATTERY” then dip switch 1 must be set to “OFF” after the transmitter loading is completed. When S1-1 is “ON” the “LOW BATTERY” condition also operates channel 2 in the latch or momentary mode.
Compatible with All Smart-Wave Transmitters & All Decoders